Situated at the southern end of the North Island the New Zealand capital city of Wellington is ideally nestled between a sparkling harbour and rolling green hill. The city of Wellington is renowned for its arts, heritage, culture and native beauty. Wellington has something for everyone including close proximity to some of New Zealand's finest wine regions, great hotel deals and lots of things to see and do.
The quality accommodation in Wellington is many and varied, consisting of many luxury hotels, budget motels and spacious serviced apartments that will suit the needs of all types of travellers. This vibrant city has lots of great museums to eplxore, a great local music scene, lots of performing art theatres and also many events and cultural celebrations including the biennial New Zealand International Arts Festival, Wellington Jazz Festival and National Arts Festival for children.
Whilst you are staying in Wellington New Zealand you can relax in the cosmopolitan waterfront precinct which has plenty of places to eat and drink, as well as sampling some of the other restaurants, cafes, bars and nightlife scattered around the city. Alternatively you can ride the cable car up the hill for amazing views over the city and enjoy the surrounds of the Wellington Botanic Gardens.
- Te Papa Museum of Wellington
- Wellington Cable Car
- Carter Observatory
- Wellington Botanic Gardens
- City Gallery Wellington
- Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wellington Zoo
- Beehive Parliament Building
- Michael Fowler Centre
- Wellington Town Hall
- Adam Art Gallery
- Colonial Cottage Museum
Popular Wellington Accommodation
- Abel Tasman Hotel - With a selection of hotel accommodation ranging from budget motel rooms through to spacious family hotel rooms the Abel Tasman has something for everyone. Located in the middle of the city centre this Wellington hotel has all of the creature comforts to ensure a restful night, as well as hotel facilities to keep you more than satisfied.
- The Thorndon Hotel Wellington by Rydges - Located on the edge of the city centre in Thorndon this quality Wellington hotel features a wide variety of hotel room types to suit the budget of all types of travellers. The Thorndon Hotel Wellington by Rydges also has a delightful restaurant, relaxing lounge bar and many other facilities which makes it the ideal place to stay for both business and leisure travellers.
- James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor - One of the best things about this Wellington hotel accommodation is that it is ideally positioned right in the heart of the city centre, ensuring that you not only receive value for money hotel accommodation but are also well placed to explore everything that this wonderful city has to offer.
- Quest Atrium Apartments - For quality self contained apartment accommodation that is both stylishly appointed and also cost effective the Quest Atrium is a great choice. It features a choice of spacious studio, 1 and 2 bedroom serviced apartments that are fully self contained to ensure that you stay in Wellington feels just like home.
- Base Wellington Backpackers - If you are looking for budget accommodation in Wellington then this backpackers hostel is ideal for you. It is a popular place to stay for travellers from all over the world and provides clean and comfortable rooms, a wide range of entertaining facilities at the property and friendly, knowledgable staff who can direct you to wherever you want to go within the city.
Wellington Room Types
- Family Hotel Rooms - Many motels have spacious family hotel rooms that have a range of double & single beds, as well as featuring private ensuite bathrooms, air-conditioning and heating and many other in-room facilities to make you feel right at home.
- Queen/King Hotel Rooms - One of the more popular room types in Wellington is the standard hotel room that features either a Queen size bed or a more luxurious King size bed. These types of rooms are often the most cost effective and have a range of facilities in the room to make your stay comfortable.
- Studio Apartments - If you are staying in Wellington for an extended stay but are also on a budget then the studio apartments in the city are ideal for you. With your lounge area, bedding and cooking facilities all in one large room you will have everything at your fingertips for a long term stay in Wellington.
- 1 Bedroom Apartments - For travellers who perfer a little more space and luxury the range of 1 bedroom apartment in Wellington are perfect for you. Business executives and long term holiday guests will appreciate the separate bedroom, lounge area and fully equipped kitchen that a 1 bedroom apartment affords you.
- 2 Bedroom Apartments - If you are travelling with the whole family or as part of a group then the 2 bedroom apartments that are available in Wellington will be what you are after. These spacious serviced apartments come complete with all the comforts of home and are the best value for money accommodation for long term stays within the city.
Click Here for Rates and Booking Enquiries